The Spencer Foundation within the USA is presently acceptive applications for the 2020 little analysis Grants Programme for PhD research
This program is “field-initiated” therein proposal submissions aren’t in response to a selected request for a selected analysis topic, discipline, design, or method. Our goal for this program is to support rigorous, intellectually formidable and technically sound analysis that’s relevant to the foremost pressing queries and compelling opportunities in education.
They acknowledge that learning happens across the life course furthermore as across settings—from the schoolroom to the work, to family and community contexts and even onto the enjoying field—any of which can, within the right circumstance, give the premise for appreciated study that produces important contributions to the sector. They worth work that fosters artistic and broad-minded scholarship, engages in deep inquiry, and examines strong queries associated with education. to the current finish, this program supports proposals from multiple disciplinary and method views, each domestically and internationally, from students at numerous stages in their career.
Moreover, they expect and welcome method diversity in respondent pressing questions; therefore, we have a tendency to are hospitable comes that utilize a large array of analysis ways as well as quantitative, qualitative, mixed-methods, ethnographies, design-based analysis, democratic ways, and historical analysis, to call a couple of.
The Small analysis Grants on Education Program supports education research comes which will contribute to the advance of education, broadly speaking planned, with budgets up to $50,000 for comes starting from one to 5 years.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Proposals to the analysis Grants on Education program should be for educational research comes that aim to review education. Proposals for activities aside from analysis aren’t eligible (e.g., program evaluations, skilled development, course of study development, scholarships, capital projects). to boot, proposals for analysis studies centered on areas aside from education, aren’t eligible.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) associate degreed Co-PIs applying for atiny low analysis Grant on Education should have an earned degree in an instructional discipline or skilled field, or acceptable expertise in associate degree education research-related profession. whereas graduate students is also a part of the analysis team, they will not be named the PI or Co-PI on the proposal.
- The PI should be related with a non-profit organization that’s willing to function the administering organization if the grant is awarded.
- The Spencer Foundation doesn’t award grants on to people. Examples embrace non-profit schools, universities, college districts, and analysis facilities, furthermore as different non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) determination from the office.
- Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however, all proposals should be submitted in English and budgets must be planned in U.S. Dollars.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2020.
- Grant applications are done on-line through their websites. Please click on the link below
- The review method for the tiny analysis Grants program takes around five months following the point date.
- PIs are going to be notified via email of the ultimate call relating to their proposal. They receive over one thousand proposal submissions per annum and are able to fund 5-10% of these received. info on the standards wont to review proposals may be found within the Program Statement.