The U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Public Affairs Sections are pleased to issue this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for their Public Diplomacy (PD) small grants program.
PAS awards a restricted range of grants to people, non-governmental organizations, educational establishments, and different civil society entities that any the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the yankee and Nigerian peoples. PAS can order grant program proposals that:
Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by rising government transparency and answerability, the rule of law, civil society capability and engagement;
Strengthen human capital to push comprehensive economic process and development via entrepreneurial initiatives, STEM education, women’s authorization, and cultural exchange;
Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent political theory, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
Improve and expand English learning through info development and teacher coaching, in partnership with U.S. education establishments wherever doable.
- The large majority of productive proposals are going to be supported via a grant instrument.
- In rare instances, a Cooperative Agreement is also employed in cases requiring the next level of involvement from PAS workers in managing the award.
- The PAS Nigerian capital grants management team can offer any data relating to Cooperative Agreements as required.
- The floor of Individual and/or structure Award Amounts: $5,000
- The ceiling of Individual and/or structure Award Amounts: $50,000
Eligibility & selection criteria:
PAS encourages applications from people or organizations situated in Nigeria, the us, or abroad including:
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with a minimum of 2 years of programming expertise and with proof of needed registrations;
- Individuals with 2 years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and,
- Registered instructional establishments.
- PAS encourages candidates to produce cost-sharing from further sources in support of comes, however this can be not a compulsory demand.
Application Deadline: PAS can settle for proposals in 2 tranches and review them in keeping with the subsequent schedule:
PAS urban center offers associate degree annual Notice of Funding chance. the decision for applications are going to be issued in March 2020 and last through Gregorian calendar month 2020. All interested grantees could benefit of this chance. April 30 are going to be the firm point in time for the receipt of applications for funding.
Proposals received from March 17 through June 15, 2020 are going to be reviewed in July-August with responses issued by Sept 21.
- Proposals ought to be submitted on-line to U.S. Embassy Nigerian capital
- Applications and every one supporting documents are accepted in English solely.
- While budget figures is also calculated in Nigerian monetary unit before changing to U.S. dollars, final budget figures should be declared in U.S. greenbacks as this can be the currency within which awards are created regardless of the charge per unit in result at the time of the award.
- Applicants should submit a full project description, together with a close narrative that outlines the set up of action, describes the scope of the projected work, and a timeframe together with key benchmarks among that the work are going to be accomplished.
- The narrative ought to be submitted victimisation the guide of the applying kind provided and should be in the midst of a close budget that clearly indicates all program prices, together with the individual applicant’s or organization’s cost-share and/or in-kind participation if applicable.