The International Development analysis Centre in Canada invitations applications for the David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in analysis for Development in 2020.
The David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in analysis for Development are awards for outstanding action within the field of international development, given in memory of IDRC’s 1st president. The prizes are supposed to acknowledge 2 people for whom IDRC support has been foundational to their careers and whose sustained original thought and leadership have semiconductor diode to vital positive social impact at intervals a development context.
2 prizes of CA$50,000 each
Eligibility & selection criteria:
To be eligible for nomination, nominees should meet the subsequent requirements:
- The candidate should be a subject of a coffee or middle-income country (as listed on the present or a previous OECD DAC list of low and middle-income countries).
- The candidate should have received funding from IDRC. it’s the nominating institution’s responsibility to explain however the funding was “foundational” to the nominee’s career path and/or accomplishments.
- The candidate should still be actively operating for the general public smart in one or additional low or middle-income countries or regions.
The candidate should demonstrate one or additional of the subsequent leadership traits:
- ability to lead/manage high-quality analysis projects/teams;
- ability to translate analysis outputs and outcomes into impactful policy and/or practice;
- ability to mentor, nurture, and promote others.
- The candidate should have made analysis of outstanding quality that has a vigorous inheritance of great positive impacts concerning the property
- Development Goals. The nominee’s IDRC-supported analysis should have compete a substantial role within the construction of this body of labor in one or additional fields during which IDRC has supported research for development.
NB: The candidate should be ready and ready (over twenty four months) to apportion the prize funds to analysis and/or research-related activities and/or training/mentoring and/or data mobilization, together with promotion of the impact and outcomes of analysis achievements.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2020.
If you’re eligible for this chance, you ought to submit associate application on-line.