British Government Chevening Scholarship Opportunities in UK 2020
Applications for British Government Chevening Scholarship opportunities for International Students of all Academic Degree (MSc, BSc and PhD) to study in the UK are open for the 2020/2021 academic session.
British Government Chevening Scholarships are awarded to international students who demonstrate Academic and leadership potential and even have strong educational backgrounds and a powerful vision for the long run. The scholarship offers full funding to review for any eligible master’s degree at any Britain university while conjointly giving access to a large vary of exclusive educational, skilled, and cultural experiences.
‘Chevening opens your mind puts candidates on top of things, as they’re choiced to opt for from over 12,000 master’s courses at over a hundred and fifty totally different educational activity establishments.
In addition, Chevening Scholarships are the united kingdom Government’s international scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth workplace (FCO) and partner organizations. The programme offers awards to outstanding students with leadership potential from round the world to review for a master’s degree in any subject at any Britain university.
The significance of nation Chevening scholarship theme rests on its massive scope – more or less 700 scholarships are awarded annually to students from over a hundred and ten thousand countries, permitting students from developing countries to access British tertiary education establishments, a number of that are of a awfully high customary as determined by international rankings.
Moreover, the foremost in style destinations for the Chevening students to review in 2011 were the London faculty of social science & government, University school London, and the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Also, University of Nottingham, University of tub and King’s school London.
A Chevening Scholarship ordinarily covers:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly regular payment
- Travel prices to and from the united kingdom
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of 1 visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events within the Britain
Eligibility & selection criteria:
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a subject of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of nationality for at least 2 years when award is complete.
- Have completed all parts of associate degree college man degree that may change you to achieve entry onto a postgraduate programme at a Britain university by the time you submit your application. this is often generally corresponding to associate degree higher inferior 2:1 honours within the Britain.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of labor expertise.
- Apply to a few totally different eligible UK university courses associate degreed have received an unconditional provide from one in all these selections by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or twin British subjectship (unless you’re a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold exile standing in an exceedingly non-Chevening eligible country. candidates United Nations agency are voters of a Chevening-eligible country and who
- hold exile standing in an exceedingly Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are associate degree worker, a former worker, or relative* of associate degree worker (since July 2017) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and also the Home Office), or a employee of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former workers, or relatives* of associate degree worker (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to use.
- Have antecedently studied within the Britain with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications endure associate degree electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible are going to be off from the choice method. Please note that when your application has been submitted, it’s unacceptable to alter it retrospectively.
Application Deadline: Current
The mode of applying is online.
Applicants are unengaged to take tests over once so as to satisfy the Chevening English demand. Please note that Chevening doesn’t obtain prices related to English testing. you’re to blame for booking and paying for prices related to these tests.
Chevening accepts English tests from 5 providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE tutorial
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)