Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries) in UK 2020
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is giving the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for candidates from high-income Commonwealth countries, for regular scholar study at a United Kingdom university within the 2020/21 session.
These scholarships are funded by the united kingdom Department for Education in conjunction with United Kingdom universities to support first analysis and to contribute to UK education and research to assist sustain international recognition of the united kingdom higher education system and for the good thing about wider society.
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved transportation from your home country to the united kingdom and come at the tip of your award (the CSC won’t reimburse the price of fares for dependents, nor sometimes the price of journeys created before your award is finally confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the speed of £1,110 per month, or £1,362 per month for those at universities within the London metropolitan space (rates quoted at 2019-2020 levels)
- Thesis grant towards the price of getting ready a thesis or thesis, wherever applicable
- Warm vesture allowance, wherever applicable
- Study travel grant towards the price of study-related travel inside the united kingdom or overseas
- Provision towards the price of fortification undertaken overseas (usually the cost of 1 economy category come transportation to your fortification location), wherever approved
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have got claimed (or will claim) domestic partner and/or kid allowances throughout your scholarship, or have received a come transportation to your home country for fortification
Family allowances, as follows:
- If you’re in the course of your domestic partner however no children: spouse allowance of £239 per month for a most amount of 9 months, if you and your domestic partner reside along at identical address within the United Kingdom (unless your spouse is additionally in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply)
- If you’re in the course of your domestic partner and kidren: spouse allowance of £239 per month and child allowance of £239 per month for the primary child, and £117 per month for the second and third kid beneath the age of sixteen, if your domestic partner and kids reside with you at identical address within the United Kingdom (unless your spouse is additionally in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply)
- If you’re in the course of your kids however no spouse: kid allowance of £478 per month for the primary child, and £117 per month for the second and third kid beneath the age of sixteen, if your kids reside with you at identical address within the United Kingdom
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a national of or are granted expatriate standing by associate degree eligible Commonwealth country
- Show proof that you just are for good resident in associate degree eligible Commonwealth country. you want to have lived in associate degree eligible Commonwealth country for a continual amount of 5 years inside the last 10 years. If the CSC is unable to work out this from your application, you may be contacted to supply more proof.
- Be out there to begin your tutorial studies within the United Kingdom between January/February 2021 (to be in agreement by the CSC)
- Hold a primary degree of a minimum of higher second category (2:1) honours commonplace, or a inferior degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by the time of submitting your scholarship application
- Not be registered for a PhD, or associate degree MPhil resulting in a PhD, at a United Kingdom university before Gregorian calendar month 2021
- Not have commenced and be presently registered for a PhD, or associate degree MPhil resulting in a PhD, in your home country or elsewhere
- Hold associate degree unconditional supply from your chosen university/universities listed on your CSC on-line application, at the purpose of being notified that you just are provisionally selected for a bequest by the CSC*
- References from a minimum of a pair of people
- A supporting statement from a projected supervisor at one or additional of the united kingdom universities
- Provided all supporting documentation within the needed format
- When applying for this scholarship you ought to make sure that you have got contacted your chosen university/universities to substantiate you’re ready to secure admission between Gregorian calendar month 2021; please bear in mind that some universities might not supply January 2021 admission for a few of their courses.
Eligible Commonwealth countries
British Virgin Islands
St Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and island
Turks and Caicos Islands
Application Deadline: July 20, 2020.
- You must build your application on to the CSC exploitation the CSC’s on-line application system. The CSC won’t settle for any applications that don’t seem to be submitted via the net application system. you’re not needed to use via a nominating body for these scholarships.
- Only one application per human for these scholarships are going to be accepted.
- You are suggested to complete and submit your application as before long as potential, because the on-line application system are going to be terribly busy within the days leading up to the appliance point.
- Supporting documentation: Your application should embody the subsequent supporting documentation by 17:00 (BST) on ten August 2020
- Proof that you just are a national of associate degree eligible Commonwealth country: a replica of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the net application system
- Full transcripts particularisation all of your education qualifications listed on your on-line form (with certified translations if not in English). All transcripts should be up thus far at the time of submitting your application, as well as any transcripts thus far for qualifications that you’re presently reading – uploaded to the net application system
- References from a minimum of 2 people – submitted directly by the referee to the net application system (referees are going to be sent associate degree email request).
- A supporting statement from a projected supervisor at one or additional of the united kingdom universities named on your form – submitted directly by your supervisor to the net application system (supervisors are going to be sent associate degree email request).