The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and trade New Zealand is providing scholarships to supply opportunities for people from elite developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study in New Zealand within the 2020/21 session.
Commonwealth Scholarships play a vital role in addressing human resource development wants of developing countries.
The scholarships are awarded to candidates of robust educational advantage UN agency are expected to form a major contribution to the event of their home country following completion of their studies.
- full tuition fees
- living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$491 per week. this can facilitate with a scholar’s basic living expenses, however it’s not enough to hide the living prices of any members of the family.
- medical insurance once you are in New Zealand
- travel to and from your own country. this is often for travel from your own country at the beginning of the scholarship, and for come back travel at the top of your scholarship.
- travel home throughout your scholarship (We leave one or 2 journeys home, looking on the length of your scholarship.)
- help with analysis and thesis prices for several postgraduate students.
Eligibility & selection criteria: New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are offered to voters of those countries within the Commonwealth:
Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Republic of South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
Levels of study available:
You can study these qualifications at one among eleven New Zealand universities and education institutions:
Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
Postgraduate sheepskin (1 year)
Master’s Degree (1-2 years)
PhD (up to three.5 years)
To apply for a brand new Zealand Scholarship, you need to meet all of the eligibility criteria. you’ll complete the net form to verify whether or not you can apply.
The Eligibility form can sign in detail if you meet all of the eligibility criteria. The Eligibility form can check things such as:
Which country you hold citizenship in
How long you’ve got been living in your home country
How much work expertise you’ve got
Whether we offer scholarships to your country
Whether your meant study aligns to levels and sectors provided to your country
You must complete the eligibility form before you’ll apply for a Scholarship.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2020,
The New Zealand Scholarship application method differs looking on that country or region you’re from. you’ll apply between the appliance gap and shutting dates for your country.
To apply, contact the nominating agency in your country to request a paper form.
Post or deliver your completed form back to the nominating agency in your country before the appliance cut-off date.
The nominating agency in every country can then choose solely 2 candidates as appointed candidates and these applications are going to be sent to MFAT