Bitch Media within the USA invitations applications from writers fascinated by feminism and social justice for a far off, three-month fellowship in 2020.
This is a series of three-month intensive writing fellowships, the goal is to develop, support, and amplify rising, numerous voices in feminist, activist, and pop-culture media. All fellows can work underneath the steerage of Bitch beginner Andi Zeisler.
Fellows can add one in every of four subject areas throughout their fellowship period:
During the 3-month fellowship, fellows will:
- Produce a minimum of 4 on-line articles for Bitch Media within the topic space of their fellowship. These items will take a spread of forms: reportable, analytical, advocacy-focused, and even infographic.
- Produce a minimum of one long-form article to be revealed within the quarterly magazine Bitch: A Feminist Response to popular culture.
- Participate in regular discussions (by Zoom) with the fellowship director and different members of the Bitch Media workers.
- Receive mentorship and support in making, shaping, and piece of writing articles and on-line items.
- Receive follow-up support with putting future articles and essays, and build nice connections inside the feminist-media community.
- Receive a $2,000 regular payment for the three-month fellowship.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The fellowships were created so as to cultivate and amplify new voices.
- If you’re a author who has tokenish publication expertise, they powerfully encourage you to use.
- If you’re addicted to one in every of the on top of subject areas however don’t have a history of writing or blogging about them, they powerfully encourage you to use.
- If you’re a author still determining what subjects obsess you, they powerfully encourage you to use.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020.
- Read the FAQ’s. however seriously, please make certain to scan the FAQ’s before filling out your application.
- A cover letter of no over 600 words that describes your interest within the fellowship space of your selection. What are the topics you’re lusty about?
- What are the aspects and angles of this subject that you just suppose are underreported and under-discussed elsewhere within the media?
- What distinctive experiences and views can you wake up the topic?
- A CV (no over a pair of pages) that has an inventory of any previous publications, if applicable. (You will still apply to a Bitch Media Writing Fellowship although you don’t have any clips or previous publications).
- Three (3) relevant writing samples
- Short answer inquiries to facilitate Bitch get to understand you