Obama Foundation Scholarship Opportunities at University of Columbia
Columbia University is delighted to announce the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program for the 2020-2021 academic session. The program is open to emerging young leaders committed to working together to find innovative solutions to global challenges. The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is designed to support young leaders who are currently making a positive impact in their various communities, countries and regions. Individuals with proven commitment to finding solutions to the numerous challenges faced by communities, countries and regions are provided with an opportunity to take their work to a whole new level and are empowered with the right tools to make their service more efficient.
The Columbia University was Founded on May 25, 2020. It is a diverse academic community in a global city with a staff and student (undergraduate and postgraduate) strength of over 4,300 and 33,400 respectively. Columbia University is a private research university and belongs to the Ivy League. The university provides academic and housing facilities. It has a large single library system with over 11.9 million volumes and has over 7,800 apartments which provides housing for staff, faculty and graduate students.
Value Description for Obama Foundation Scholarship at University of Columbia
The Obama Foundation scholarship provides the following benefits;
- A monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City.
- A furnished apartment, a short distance from Columbia University.
- Provides basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program.
- Covers for all tuition fees at Columbia University.
- Makes provision for Leadership and capacity development program to help Scholars acquire life skills to impact their communities or regions at the end of the program.
- Covers for air travel to and from home country, plus any travel expense related to the program.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Obama Foundation Scholarship at University of Columbia
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria;
- Have shown commitment to service within their community or region, with a firm plan to return to these communities at the completion of the program and apply their training and skills for the benefit of these communities.
- Are emerging leaders who have and/or are currently making a positive impact in their field and are at a turning point in their careers.
- Are articulate in English language.
- Have the vision to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have shown commitment to humility, integrity, stewardship, creativity, bravery, innovation and teamwork.
Application Deadline December 13, 2020
Application for this scholarship will be completed via an online application. The following materials will be submitted;
- Online application form
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video declaration, less than 5 minutes.
- Short essay clearly stating your achievements and motives for the program.
- Proof of English experience for applicants.
- 3 letters of recommendation, if possible, from former employers or administrators.