Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2021
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an ongoing scholarship program where Postgraduates can pursue a program that leads to a Masters and PhD degree. I must say that this is another opportunity for Postgraduates to experience a full time scholarship at Ireland.
You might haves questions such as: when as this program been on? How can I apply for the program? Can international students apply too? When is the deadline? Etc.
Well good thing you’re reading this article as it promises to answer all and even provide additional information that can guide you.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in.
Also Read: Scholarship to Study in US
What Is The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program About?
If you’re actually wondering what this program is, it is a well known known national initiative. It is currently funded by a department; The Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
The reason behind the organization of this scholarship program is to enable prominent students to have the chance to control their research at their early career stage.
Also, the program provides a full-time Masters or Doctorate degree in the programs below:
- Social Science.
Nothing good, they say, comes easy – this scholarship program comes with serious competition, according to an estimate, it has an average pass rate of only 18%. This should not be a discouragement but should only make you seat tight.
Is The Scholarship Available For International Students?
Yes! The scholarship program is available for anyone who is interested, irrespective of your nationality.
Which Universities Are Under The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program?
Below is the list of universities under the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program:
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- Technological University Dublin
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Here’s another thing, because the program is organized by a standard body, anyone can’t just opt into it. There are certain things to do in order to be eligible.
To be qualified for the program, you have to:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or better yet, an equivalent for Masters.
- Students with pending results will not be qualified for the program.
To ensure that you are carried along and updated, the deadline to apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is on the 29th of October, 2020.
Meanwhile, you can register on that date. But make sure you register before the date to avoid complications(if be). Anything later than that is considered as void.
Application Details For This Scholarship Program?
If you’re wishing to apply for this program, the visit the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program official website; www.research.ie be careful to disregard any other site that offers this scholarship.
Application for this program is to be done and submitted online. Note that it must be done before the deadline line. We’ll talk about that next.