The Keller Law Offices is pleased to announce its Keller Law offices funding opportunity open to military veterans of the US Armed forces as well as their immediate family members for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Keller Law Offices scholarship is designed to support military veterans because of the sacrifices these veterans have made which also include suspending their education and training to serve their country. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the necessary training needed in transitioning to a civilian career.
At Keller Law Offices, the attorneys have experience in many areas of criminal law with a track record of 16 years in helping people eliminate or lessen their sentences and minimize the effects of their charges. The Minneapolis criminal defense law firm of Keller Law Offices is committed to protecting clients’ legal rights and strongly defending them against criminal charges. Thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of client’s arrest is conducted and also seek to suppress evidence when improperly obtained.
Their practice areas include; DWI (driving while intoxicated) charges, drug crimes, sex crimes, white collar crimes, and traffic violations. The credibility of evidence or testimony is challenged when appropriate.
A scholarship worth $1,000 will be disbursed to the award recipient’s educational institution for tuition and books. Only one award will be apportioned.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must satisfy some eligibility requirements.
- Be a national of USA.
- Be a military veteran of the US Armed Forces or an immediate family member.
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at an accredited university.
N.B: Trade or vocational programs will also qualify.
Application Deadline 15 July, 2020
- The online application must be completed and submitted before the deadline day.
- Recipient of this award must provide proof of military service. If you are an immediate family member, you must provide proof of relationship to the veteran.
- Recipient of this award must give permission for his or her current picture and other basic information to be used on Keller Law Offices website.
- The winner will be informed by email or phone by August 15, 2020. Scholarship funds will be paid out directly to the educational institution for tuition only.
- Disputes which may occur in the selection of the award winner will be resolved by Keller Law Offices.
Write an essay of 500 words or less.
Talk about the two most important things you learned about life during your military career and how these may have influenced your civilian career choice.
What advice you would give to a young person whose parent(s) is serving in the United States Armed Forces, Discuss.