Law Offices of Gary H Smith, P.C. is delighted to announce its Annual Scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year. This scholarship is offered to provide financial help to the qualified individual whose essay best addresses the given topic below.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of funding public schools by taxing commercial property owners? Do you recommend they continue to do so?
The Law Offices of Gary H. Smith is based in Chicago. For over 30 years, the Law Offices of Gary H. Smith has gathered great experience and knowledge from appealing property tax for business owners, commercial properties, industrial properties, condo associations, apartment building owners and single family homes.
With an understanding that factors affecting one appeal may be totally different from an appeal of a similar-looking property, each case is given individual focus.
A scholarship fund worth $1,000 will be paid out to the college or university by the end of August of 2020.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria.
You must be a national of US or a permanent US resident and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at an accredited community college or university.
Application Deadline: 15 July, 2020
- A completed application must be submitted before the deadline day. Applications received after the above stated day will not be considered.
- Applications submitted via any other channel other than the one listed above will not be considered.
- An essay of not more than 1,500 words must be posted on the student’s blog on the university website or student’s personal blog. The blog post should be made public and the students should be recognized as the author of the essay.
- The winner will be informed by 15 August, 2020 via Email or phone.
- Recipient must provide proof of fulltime enrollment.
- Recipient of this award must give permission for his or her current picture and other basic information to be published on Jason D. Mills Law Offices website.