PhD Fellow in Plant Biotechnology at University of Copenhagen in Denmark
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, school of Science at the University of national capital is providing a Doctor of Philosophy scholarship in Plant Biotechnology in 2020/21 school year.
Present-day crop production is proscribed by environmental stresses that are solely doubtless to be aggravated by foreseen climate changes. Most makes an attempt to come up with resilient crops within the past have targeted on the introduction of resilient traits in already domesticated crops. However, this strategy has generated very little success because of the varied nature of stress responses.
With the arrival of latest breeding technologies, the domestication of already resilient, underutilized crops offers the likelihood of increasing crop diversity for future environmentally property agriculture. Quinoa may be a stress-resilient plant that’s extremely alimental with associate organic compound composition of its grain proteins admire that of legume seeds. However, productivity yields are low and subjected to changes because of climatic conditions.
The aim of this Doctor of Philosophy project are going to be to supply the foundations to extend the productivity of quinoa plants. The tasks of the Doctor of Philosophy student can embrace the identification of supposed breeding targets in quinoa and also the characterization of those targets so as to make sure their link to production yields.
- The position is roofed by the memo on Job Structure for educational workers.
- The beginning remuneration is presently at a minimum DKK 328.355 (approx. €43,750) together with annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK fifty three,360). Negotiation for remuneration supplement is feasible.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
The position is on the market for a 3-year amount and your key tasks as a Doctor of Philosophy student at SCIENCE are:
- To manage and carry through your research
- Attend Doctor of Philosophy courses
- Write scientific articles and your Doctor of Philosophy thesis
- Teach and diffuse your analysis
- To stay at associate external analysis establishment for many months, ideally abroad
- Work for the department
- Formal necessities
Applicants ought to hold associate Master of Science degree in Plant Biology, Biotechnology or different connected fields, with sensible results.
The human is additionally expected to possess glorious English skills. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications stress will be arranged on previous publications (if any) and relevant work expertise.
Application Deadline: February 23, 2020.
The application, in English, should be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY currently on their web site.
- Cover Letter, stating that Doctor of Philosophy project you’re applying for and description your motivation and background for applying for the precise PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- A short project set up (maximum one page), together with the Applicant’s concepts on the way to establish and characterize the supposed genes/proteins of interest.
- Other info for thought, e.g. list of publications (if any)