The University of Kobenhavn in Scandinavian nation is invitatory applications for Ph.D. fellow positions in macromolecule Structural Bioinformatics within the 2020/21 term.
Three or additional Ph.D. scholarships are offered from Gregorian calendar month first, 2020, or as presently as potential thenceforth, within the PRISM centre, Department of Biology, college of Science, University of Kobenhavn, Denmark. The analysis among PRISM bridges macromolecule natural philosophy and genetics victimisation procedure and experimental strategies.
The Ph.D. comes during this decision are targeted on procedure modelling and knowledge analysis aspects of PRISM, among the analysis areas of structural bioinformatics of proteins, large-scale analysis of protein-protein interactions, and biological sequence analyses.
The Ph.D. students can work on one or additional of the subprojects among PRISM. long goals embrace developing prophetical and mechanistic models for the way genomic variation in protein-coding regions (protein variants) have an effect on the steadiness, interactions and performance of proteins. For associate degree introduction to the analysis see e.g. our recent review. analysis topics for the Ph.D. comes include:
• Predicting effects of variation on macromolecule stability and protein-protein interactions
• Linking multiplexed/deep alteration scanning experiments to biophysical calculations
• Development and application of prediction strategies to interpret genomic variation
Principal supervisor is prof Kresten Lindorff-Larsen ([email protected]) and students are co-supervised by professor Amelie Stein ([email protected])
The beginning pay is presently at a minimum DKK 328.355 (approx. €43,750) as well as annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK fifty three,360). Negotiation for pay supplement is feasible.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
They are seeking motivated and powerful candidates with associate degree MS degree in bioinformatics, biophysics, physics, chemistry or organic chemistry or similar fields with previous analysis expertise (e.g. MS projects) among one or additional of those areas:
• Structural bioinformatics
• procedure analyses of the results of macromolecule sequence variation on protein stability, interactions and performance
• Biological sequence analysis
• procedure analyses of high-throughput experiments
It will even be advantageous to possess expertise with one or additional of the following:
• The Rosetta computer code for macromolecule structure modelling
• Machine learning applications to macromolecule structure or protein sequences
• Analysis of NGS knowledge
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020.
The application, in English, should be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY currently on their web site.
- A cover letter (max one. page) explaining your background, key skills and the way they’re relevant to the analysis in PRISM, and your motivation for applying
- Curriculum vitae (max two. pages) as well as instructional background previous analysis expertise
- List of publications (including preprints and papers in active preparation)
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc). If you are doing not nonetheless hold your MS and would really like to use, please submit a letter from your supervisor concerning your expected graduation date
- Contact details for 1-2 former supervisors (no reference letters ought to be attached.