L’Oréal company Foundation unitedly with United Nations agency and therefore the African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions(ANSTI) invites every interested persons for the Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowship Programme for Women in Science 2020.
Its programs reward established girls scientists World Health Organizationse outstanding achievements have contributed to the advancement of knowledge base and of its advantages to society and supply support to promising young women who are already creating important contributions in their scientific disciplines.
The thereforelutions to attracting a lot of girls to science seem so obvious that few would pain them. they must, especially, instill confidence in ladies from associate degree early age by showing them their own potential. a lot of girls scientists ought to even be able to acquire positions of responsibility, similar to their male counterparts, so future generations can have role models to inspire them.
- €10,000 for doctorates & €15,000 for post-doctorates
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Pursuing studies resulting in a Doctor of Philosophy degree or having obtained a PhD degree within the following scientific fields: formal sciences, life sciences, environmental sciences, physical sciences, engineering and technological sciences
- Being from one amongst the forty eight countries of the programme
- Enrolled in a very degree establishment and/or operating in a analysis Laboratory/University or establishment out of the forty eight countries.
Nationality: candidates from geographical area will apply.
- List of Countries: African nation, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Upper Volta, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, shelter d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, African nation, African country, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Níger, Nigeria, Uganda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome & island, Senegal, Seychelles, Republic of Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, African nation and Republic of Zimbabwe
- Excellence of the educational records: as well as range, quality and impact of the publications, conference displays, patents…
- Scientific quality, innovative nature of the research and its potential application
Application Deadline: March 30, 2020.
Their on-line platform can severally change you to use to their completely different fellowship programmes, to nominate candidates, for the international awards or to participate within the completely different choice processes.
Supporting Material: associate degree application is taken into account complete provided that it includes all documents below:
- A detailed resume (including reaching activities among youth, tutoring, etc.)
- Certified copies of the degrees or recent diplomas
- Proof of getting obtained a Doctor of Philosophy degree for postdoctoral candidates
- Proof of being registered in associate degree African University for degree candidates
- A detailed project of a most of two pages, including:
- The research description
- The projected use of the grant motivating the campaigning with some budget indications
- Letters of advice from the research supervisor and/or the director of the scientific establishment wherever the research is carried or the Dean of the University underneath that the candidate is running her research
- The list of publications and patents