The Association for Independents in Radio within the USA invitations applications for the New Voices Fellowship in 2020.
Each year, AIR groups up with trade leaders to spot and cultivate a various list of early-career talent to assist programs, stations, and networks connect with a lot of ears, homes, and corners of America.
The scholarship provides sixteen recipients with funding for travel associate degreed attending to an trade conference as a bunch. Recipients can connect with a network of peers and mentors, meet trade leaders, and have opportunities to share their interests, considerations and work.
The 2020 New Voices Fellowship Program can take form severally and digitally to best support the wants of our underrepresented students throughout the North American country. With the support of the New Voices Captain Elena Diego Rivera, AIR’s Director of recent Voices can spearhead the 5-month program starting in July to December 2020. The New Voices retreat can pile up the invited cohort of underrepresented media manufacturers to make, reflect, and have interaction digitally in essential dialogue on their journey as current media manufacturers. The theme of this year is “Mapping One’s Power and Allies amidst Adversity” and therefore the central question is: however will we use and sustain our power in turbulent times?
Through on-line discussions, round-table conference interactive and engagement activities junction rectifier by New Voices alums, AIRsters, and distinguished trade speakers, New Voices can gain a more robust understanding of their role as mission-driven storytellers and build a property community. selected students receive a regular payment and resources and gain national exposure as they work with mentors, build their capability as media modification-makers and demonstrate however audio and media will turn positive and lasting narrative change.
The value for every New Voice Scholar in 2020 is $2000. Please note that the 2020 New Voice Program are virtual thanks to COVID-19.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- All producers associate degreed program manufacturers who self-identify as a part of an underrepresented group(s) are eligible to use.
- The focus of the program is radio/audio, however we tend to welcome candidates from the total vary of disciplines and practices.
- All ages are welcome, however any mortal younger than eighteen can want an adult sponsor to log out on his or her application and handle funds.
- They want to figure with folks that represent teams that aren’t generally described within the public media system. this might be supported a candidate’s race, gender, and sophistication background and/or vision.
- The committee who reads the New Voices applications is conscious to pick candidates with totally different talents and who come back from underrepresented communities and geographic locations.
- Their goal is to search out candidates who can bring associate degree inclusive and dynamic combine to the Fellows cohort, New Voices alumni network, and to the trade generally.
Application Deadline: June 19, 2020.
Please complete the appliance when rigorously reading the subsequent info before applying.
Here are a couple of different needs to think about before submitting your application:
- Having associate degree AIR membership isn’t a demand to use.
- You must be eighteen or older to use.
- AIR can award $1,000 regular payment per scholar for your full participation.
- To be thought-about, you want to be ready to participate all told monthly virtual programming with content and networks targeted primarily within the U.S and in English.
- You do not ought to be a U.S. national to use.
- They will build choices primarily based totally on the responses and therefore the references you submit. Note that we’ll send word scholarship recipients of our choices no later than Saints Peter and Paul, 2020.
- If you would like to pause your application and come to that later, keep in mind to save lots of your progress.
- If chosen, you’ll be asked to publically establish yourself as a brand new Voices Scholar in your bios and bylines.
- Toward the top of the program, you’ll be asked to submit a quick (750‑ to one,000-word) report concerning your experiences and ideas for the way innovative audio and multimedia system producers will take public media into new communities and expand public media’s audience.