Learn a practical skill by applying to the SMU Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship program for the 2020-2021 academic session. This scholarship opportunity is available for international students. This scholarship award is designed to inspire and motivate prospective undergraduate students who are aiming to achieve excellence in their chosen programs.
Established as a small textile shop over a century and half ago, the Kewalram Chanai Group has grown into a diverse group of companies. They are in the business of processing, manufacturing, distributing, sales and logistics with its production and supply lines found mostly in Africa and Asia.
Founded on 29 July 2000, the Singapore Management University offers an all-inclusive business programmes. SMU has a staff strength of 355 and student strength (undergraduate and postgraduate) of about 10,000. The university has a comprehensive range of teaching, research and sporting facilities as well as hall residence that can accommodate about 250 students with precedence given to international students.
The Kewalram Chanrai Group Endowed Scholarship provides up to $30,000 per annum as tuition reduction as well as other study related expenses for the recipients. This award is tenable for a period of four (4) years dependent on the student’s excellent academic performance.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Applicant must be a full-time first year undergraduates in any degree programme at the university.
- Applicant must be of foreign nationalities.
- Candidates from developing countries will be given precedence.
- Special consideration will be given to female candidates of suitable calibre from developing countries so as to encourage them to pursue a university education and to succeed in their lives.
- Candidates must have good academic record.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership skills and good moral character.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
Application Deadline 31 May, 2020
- Candidates must take admission in an undergraduate program at Singapore Management University. Afterwards, applicants must submit a separate financial aid application through Applicant’s Self Service.
- The following supporting documents must be submitted; secondary school examination result, High school examination results, University results if any, Medical reports if you have any major illness or disability.