The Greenlining Institute within the USA is providing the Policy Fellowships for rising leaders seeking to achieve active public policy expertise and invest in their personal and skilled growth in 2020.
Greenlining integrates Fellows into one among Greenlining’s policy groups to develop, plan, and implement the organization’s policy and support efforts whereas they work with the Leadership Academy to specialise in the “harder” skills of managing a private ecology.
The Greenlining Institute work on a range of major policy problems, from the economy to environmental policy, health care and lots of others, as a result of they acknowledge that economic chance doesn’t operate in an exceedingly vacuum. They don’t see these problems as being in separate silos, however as interconnected threads in an exceedingly net of chance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, draft, and publish support or policy comes
- Develop and participate in current social media and blogs to uplift ongoing policy and Academy efforts
- Draft and provides oral presentation(s) and testify at policy conferences with varied stakeholders
- Provide mentorship and direction to college boy students within the Academy’s Casa Joaquin program and Academy Summer Associates
- Participate altogether leadership development workshops to extend intrapersonal and collective leadership development
- Participate in skill-building workshops to find out Greenlining’s approach to policy support
- Develop and complete a year-long Academy project as designed by Academy employees
- Participate in cohort development activities as assigned by Academy employees
- Participate in connected program, organization and community conferences as assigned
- Meet with community, government, and company leaders to drive support forward
- They offer glorious advantages together with vacation, health etc.
- Pending completion of the 48-week program, fellows would earn a complete of $55,000.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- At least one year of relevant work expertise needed
- A bachelor’s degree from associate degree authorized college boy establishment most well-liked
- Committed to championing causes that serve low-income communities and communities of color
- Ability to place tasks, sturdy structure skills, and a capability to figure severally
- Versatile and adaptable; will suppose on their feet in response to ever-changing circumstances
- Thrives in, and contributes to, a team-oriented operating atmosphere
- Effectively communicates desires and solutions to non-public and skilled challenges
- Strong personal initiative and motivation, sturdy work ethic, and sense of pride in their work product
- Track record of operating toward social and racial justice
- A self-starter World Health Organization likes to require initiative is curious and seeks opportunities to grow and expand their data and skills
- Skilled at operating well with a good vary of individuals and ready to manage complicated comes with attention to detail and deadlines
- Creativity; will spot untraditional opportunities and realize the way to require advantage of them
Application Deadline: February 9, 2020.
The application is on-line through their portal, see link below