Mercatus Centre at Mason University within the USA is providing MA Fellowship for college students following a master’s degree in economic science UN agency have an interest in gaining a sophisticated degree in applied economics in preparation for a career publicly policy in 2020.
The Mercatus Center’s MA Fellowship program is targeted toward students with associate interest in gaining advanced coaching in economic science, however UN agency don’t anticipate a career in academe. Students UN agency anticipate operating publicly policy jobs in analysis, communications or stretch are ideal candidates for this fellowship.
MA Fellows will pursue skills that prepare them for a career publicly policy, together with policy analysis, strategic communications, outreach, and project management. All fellows are needed to require courses toward associate MA in economic science from Mason University and are inspired to take electives in courses that additional their experience in conducting and act economic analysis of public policy problems. additionally, fellows attend readings teams and career development workshops and pay a minimum of twenty hours every week operating with Mercatus students and employees.
- The total award of up to $80,000 (over 2 years) includes a monthly regular payment, full tuition support (nine credits per semester), and sensible expertise conducting and scattering analysis with Mercatus students and employees on pertinent policy problems.
- Fellows can work with established students that have the educational credentials additionally as skilled expertise that produces them leading specialists on public policy problems.
- By operating aboard students, fellows can learn the way to analysis complicated policy problems and communicate sound economic analysis through tutorial articles, policy publications, law-makers testimony, opinion items, and diary posts.
- MA Fellows will have the chance to figure with Mercatus students and employees to find out a way to promote, air, and translate economic analysis through written product, video production, media, and podcasts.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Acceptance into the fellowship program depends on acceptance into Mason University’s MA program in economic science.
- You must complete the quality application for fall admission to the MA program in economic science at Mason University, and indicate on the appliance that you just would love to be thought of for funding.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020.
To apply to the MA Fellowship, please click the “Apply Now” button and complete the web application. the web application includes:
- A 1-2 page missive explaining:
- your analysis and research interests,
- your familiarity with Mason and Mercatus students and their analysis, and
what you hope to urge out of the program.
- Recent resume/CV
- An eassy of 500-1000 words on “Why do some societies prosper, whereas others do not”
- A 10-page writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analysis skills
- A few short answer queries