Russel Sage Foundation is tempting applications from journalists for its 2020 visiting Journalist Fellowship programme within the USA.
There is an extended, made history of journalists writing and reportage compellingly regarding topics associated with the Russell Sage Foundation’s (RSF) mission to “improve the social and living conditions within the us.” the expansion of economic difference and its consequences, inequities in academic accomplishment and attainment, the impact of recent immigration, and up to date racial tensions over urban policing are all samples of topics addressed by journalists that are central to RSF programs, and that are the topic of study by RSF students and grantees.
In conducting original analysis on a good vary of social, political, and economic conditions and presenting those findings to the general public, journalists are essential to our understanding of Americans’ lives and lived experiences.
- RSF pays visiting journalists a regular payment of $8,000 per month for regular visits of up to 3 months (a most regular payment of $24,000 per individual fellowship; provided area is accessible, selected fellows might prefer to stay awake to four months with a regular payment of $6,000/month).
- Fellows are given associate degree workplace at the muse, computers and software system, library access, and restricted analysis help.
- Applicants WHO reside outside of the larger ny town space is also given a partially-subsidized lodging close to RSF, if obtainable
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Applicants ought to be journalists with a minimum of 5-7 years of expertise WHO write or report on social, economic, or political conditions within the us.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020.
- Visit their on-line application portal, produce associate degree account, and complete the appliance kind
- Submit a letter describing the project to be undertaken whereas in residence at the muse through the portal (Note: No quite five pages describing the project, spaced, with normal eleven or 12-point font, and 1-inch margins)
- Your letter ought to additionally embody associate degree appendix of up to twenty pages that illustrates or include an example(s) of previous work; you’ll also submit a brief appendix with links to examples.
- Submit associate degree up-to-date abbreviated CV (maximum of five pages) through the portal