Top 10 Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada
It may come as a shocker there are a massive number of Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada. However, they are tagged “unclaimed” because scholarships are available but not claimed by students.
This article gives an eyeopening sneak peek into these Scholarships and provides detailed requirements to claim them. Read through the end.
Canada has proven several times irrevocably to be the Worlds top when it comes to matters of “Education.” Ranging from the Universities down to the Courses offered, it’s no puzzle they are the green haven for international students.
However, with these juicy and tasty offers, Canada has with Education does not come cheap on a platter of gold. It has inscribed in it “EXPENSIVE” primarily for International students. Thankfully Scholarships go a long way to ease the financial burdens of these students, even though yearly most of them go Unclaimed.
Is Unclaimed Scholarships a myth?
It may seem impossible to think some scholarships go unclaimed since a whopping sum of $7 billion is made available for Tuition Aid. However, sad to note, according to researches, a deficit of $6 billion goes unclaimed, so unclaimed scholarships are not a myth.
Reasons why a Scholarship may be unclaimed;
- Students do not widely know most of the available Scholarships
- The winner might have provided false documents or pieces of information
- The Criteria are strictly modified to some schools that do not gain massive admission
- Some Scholarships are Courses specific, and one could lose the Scholarship if there is a change from the original course.
- Most criteria in place make it impossible for students to apply.
Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada
we will provide 10 of some of the scholarships that go unclaimed:
BEAVERBROOK SCHOLARS AWARD
The Beaverbrook Scholars Award is one of the may unclaimed scholarships, awarded annually to 3 students only. A sum of $50,000 is awarded to the chosen applicants to cover expenses for four years.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of New Brunswick.
- Must graduate from a high school in New Brunswick
- The Scholarship is only credible at the University of New Brunswick.
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.5 to secure first funds
- Funds increases as GPA increases, maintenance of GPA is advised
- Scholarship Application
MARCELLA LINEHAN SCHOLARSHIP
This Scholarship is strictly for those in the Nursing Field, for those completing their master or PhD degree in Nursing.
The Scholarship value is $2000 for those undergoing full-time program and $1000 for part-time programs.
- Applicant must not be a former beneficiary of the Scholarship
- Must enrol full time or part-time in a reputable Institution for Nursing degree
- Applicant must be a reputed member of the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CRNNL)
- Must attain an average of over 70% in Undergraduate Program
- Be a member of the Marcella trust board
MTA EDWARD M EVANOCHKO TRANSPORTATION SCHOLARSHIP
Manitoba Trucking Association awards a $500 Scholarship to students in the academic or skill acquisition sector in the Transportation field.
- Applicant must be a company employee or family of an employee.
- Must permanently reside in the Manitoba Province
- Choice of course in College must be transportation-related.
- Letter of recommendation from a respected figure.
LAURIER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
In 2021 by Wilfrid Laurier University, this Scholarship chooses seven qualified candidates for the $40000 made available. However because its a relatively new Scholarship hence its reason among the unclaimed Scholarship.
- The award is given and maintained based on academic performance
- List of Accomplished academic goals
- Meet up with Annual renewal yearly
- Strife to be a mentor
AGES FOUNDATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP and BURSARIES
This foundation has a partnership with rare Charitable Research Reserve to provide financial aids to people with little or no funds in Colleges. The applicant is awarded a total fee of $15000
Given in the following sequence
(1) $5,000 BIPOC award,
(2) $5,000 award
(3) A total of five $1,000+ bursaries depending on the total number of outstanding applications received.
- Must be enrolled in a University or College in Canada
- Undertake a research project on rare Charitable Research Reserve
- Project done must be environmentally focused
MANULIFE LESSONS SCHOLARSHIP
This Scholarship board is focused on Students with no parental or guardian assistance for their education, its makes provision of $10000 for educational aids.
- Applicant must be within the ages of 17 to 24 years
- A student of a reputable institution of learning
- A well-detailed essay of 500 words clearly stating the hindrances the loss of your parent or guardian has caused to you. In place of the essay, a video clip of 3minutes can be accepted.
DE BEERS GROUP SCHOLARSHIPS for Canadian Women
This Scholarship is aimed at creating a platform for women inclusion into the educational sector. It makes provision of $2500 funds for women only.
- A permanent resident in Canada
- Choice of course must be STEM inclined
- Strictly for females
ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY AWARD
This Scholarship is awarded by Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) and its employees and members, it is valued at $130000 it is totalled at 52 scholarships in a number.
- Applicants must permanently reside in Canada
- Must have a totalled average of 75%
- The scholarship is limited to 3 at a time
- Courses to be studied must be in the Electrical Field
CANADIAN COLLEGE and UNIVERSITY FAIR
It is otherwise called the way to pay for school. Surprisingly this board provides free tuition for one academic session. You can easily scale through by claiming it
- Applicant must sign up and attend the college trade fair
- Ask interesting captivating questions
- Check-in webinars and booths available in the trade fair
- Available to both international Students
It is pertinent to note that the title unclaimed in no suggest these cant be claimed, with a little more dedication and commitment nothing is impossible. WE JUST NEEDED TO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT PUSH!!!!!
TORONTO REGIONAL REAL ESTATE BOARD’s (TREBB) Past President’s Scholarship
The Scholarship program in TREBB was established in 2007 and this board makes a total value of $15000 to four selected candidates in high School
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills
- Applicants must have permanent residence in Canada
- 1500 essay stating reasons why the scholarship is useful to you