The Newman University Birmingham within the Britain is inviting applications Sanctuary Scholarship for college students seeking asylum in the 2020/2021 term.
Newman University is proud to be one among a growing range of universities to supply a Sanctuary Scholarship as a part of the Helena Kennedy Foundation’s Article twenty six Project, promoting access to educational activity for those that have fled ill-treatment and wanted asylum within the Britain.
They have offered this scholarship since 2014 and every one their awardees are palmy in finishing their degree.
Newman University awards one scholarship ANnum|p.a.|each year|annually} to an person from a forced migrant background who cannot access finance from Student Finance European nation attributable to their home base standing
Successful candidates are going to be provided with:
- A Tuition Fee Waiver: The fee relinquishing won’t reach repeat years of study and is obtainable till such time as you’re awarded standing that entitles you to access statutory student support.
- Study Associate in Nursingd Travel Support: The Sanctuary Scholarship includes an annual treasury of £1000.00 p.a. to help with study and travel expenses. The treasury isn’t means‐tested and is paid in 2 instalments (one per semester). The treasury won’t be bought repeat years of study.
- Personal Support: Support are going to be developed for every student to change them to spot and overcome barriers to action on their degree course.
- The University is unable to supply any backing for accommodation. Students ought to solely apply if they’re ready to support these prices themselves for the complete length of their university course.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants should be:
- An asylum seeker / forced migrant or the partner/dependant of Associate in Nursing asylum seeker / forced migrant; OR
- An asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to stay (DLR) or another style of temporary standing
- Have a conditional or unconditional supply of a full-time collegian place at Newman University
- Have applied for asylum within the Britain before applying to UCAS
- Currently attending a college, college, community or voluntary cluster which might give a reference in support of your application
- Unable to access statutory student support attributable to your asylum or forced migrant standing, or a dependant’s standing.
- Live at intervals straightforward travel distance of the University
- Not need support funding accommodation
Application Deadline: July 1, 2020.
- Applications for the Sept 2020 Sanctuary Scholarship are currently open.
- The application kind and steering notes are obtainable as attachments from their web content.
- Before you’ll be able to apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship, you want to have created Associate in Nursing application for and received a suggestion of an area (conditional or unconditional) on a three year, full-time collegian degree programme at Newman University.
- You must have submitted your full application for the Sanctuary Scholarship by noonday on weekday first Gregorian calendar month to be thought-about.
- Following initial assessment, the University can contact you to allow you to grasp whether or not or not your application will get to future stage of the choice method.
- If your application is taken forward, you may be invited to Associate in Nursing interview to verify the data you’ve got provided in your application.
- If you’re palmy in being offered the Scholarship, you may be told at intervals 5 operating days of your interview.