The University of national capital in Danmark is invitatory applications for a Ph.D. Position in Philosophy within the 2020/21 session.
The prospering candidate are going to be a part of a project entitled UN agency are We? funded by the Carlsberg Foundation and headed by professor. Dan Zahavi.
The larger project investigates what it means that to feel, think, and act as a part of we tend to. Its guiding hypothesis is that a scientific account of the we tend to should be embedded in an exceedingly a lot of comprehensive investigation of selfhood and social psychological feature. The project can consistently develop this hypothesis by combining cross-disciplinary theorizing with historical scholarship. specifically, it’ll draw on seminal contributions from classical ism. additionally to philosophers, the project will involve social scientists (from anthropology, sociology, psychology and political theory).
The specific focus of the Ph.D. project is to research the relation between the I and also the we tend to. What will the existence of we-experiences tell United States regarding the structure of the first-person singular perspective? what’s the relation between individuality and collective identity? Is selfhood solely one thing which will be achieved as a part of a community, is individual selfhood connected constitutively to we-membership, or will the latter on the contrary need some pre-existing variety of selfhood? In partaking with these queries, the Ph.D. student are going to be expected to draw on discussions found in up to date philosophy of mind and social metaphysics still as on contributions found in classical ism (e.g., Husserl, Stein, Scheler, Heidegger, Sartre).
The prospering candidate are going to be operating in shut cooperation with philosophers and different social scientists and is predicted to partake within the activities of CFS on a day to day.
- PhD students at the school of Humanities are appointed beneath the terms and conditions of the talks agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and also the Danish Confederation of skilled Associations. per the agreement, Ph.D. students are obligated – with none further remuneration – to perform tasks allotted to them such as 840 operating hours over the 3 years.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Applicants ought to hold a biennial Master’s degree (120 ECTS) or the equivalent.
- just in case you’ve got not obtained your credential by the applying point in time, you need to embody a press release (pre-approval) from your university declaring that you just are awarded the master degree.
- Excellent communication skills in English is taken into account essential and candidates should speak and write educational English fluently. The Ph.D.
- Administration might raise candidates to document their proficiency in English at any time throughout the accomplishment method if this is often requisite.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020.
The application, in English, should be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY currently on their web site.
- Project abstract
- Please fill within the project abstract in the form. should not exceed one.200 characters.
- Project description
- The application should embody a close project description containing the general objectives, reflections on the meant Ph.D. project’s technique and style still as a timetable. This description ought to build relevancy the project mentioned on top of.
- Including a listing of publications, if obtainable, should be submitted with the applying.
- Cover letter
- Diploma and transcript of records