World Health Organization (WHO) Internship Program in Switzerland
UN agency is committed to assembling future leaders publicly health. UN agency’s billet Programme offers a large variety of opportunities for college students to achieve insight into the technical and body programmes of WHO.
The length of UN agency internships is between 6 – 12 weeks. Exceptionally, internships could also be extended up to a most of 24 weeks looking on the wants of the UN agency technical unit and your handiness. UN agency internships aren’t paid and every one prices of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
- Provide a framework for distribution postgraduate students from various tutorial backgrounds to UN agency programmes that may enhance their educational expertise through sensible assignments.
- Expose students to the work of UN agency.
- Provide UN agency programmes with input from students specializing in varied fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, though alternative disciplines will be thought of as applicable like communication, external relations or human resource
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- You are a minimum of twenty years older on the date of application.
- You have completed 3 years of regular studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent establishment before commencing the assignment; or
- You are listed in a complicated degree programme in an exceedingly school (second university degree, equivalent, or higher) at the time of application. candidates UN agency have already graduated can also qualify for thought only if they apply to the billet among six months when completion of their formal qualification; or
- You possess a primary degree publicly health, medical or social field associated with the technical work of UN agency or a degree in an exceedingly management-related or body field, ANd are applying for an billet among six months of graduation.
- You are fluent within the operating language of the workplace of assignment (English or French for UN agency Headquarters)
- You have not antecedently participated within the WHO’s billet Programme.
- You hold a legitimate passport of a UN agency Member State.
Conditions of UN agency Headquarters internships
- The length of UN agency internships is between a minimum of six weeks to a most of twelve weeks on a regular basis. Exceptionally, internships could also be extended up to twenty four weeks to reply to special tutorial needs or specific needs of the receiving programme.
- WHO internships aren’t paid. Travel prices, travel arrangements (including visas), and housing are the responsibility of the intern or their sponsoring establishment.
- WHO doesn’t sign any agreements, planned or needed by a sponsor, university or equivalent establishment.
- Persons associated with a UN agency staffer, i.e., son/daughter, brother/sister aren’t eligible for AN billet.
- Interns should possess a passport of a UN agency Member State.
- WHO Interns should have adequate medical sum throughout the complete amount of the internships. For Geneva-based internships, this medical coverage should embody Schweiz.
- Interns might participate just one occasion within the UN agency billet Programme.
- Interns don’t have the standing of UN agency workers members and shall not represent the Organization in any official capability
- WHO Interns aren’t eligible for appointment to any position among UN agency for a amount of 3 months following the tip of their billet. Any employment with UN agency at that time in time shall be subject to established achievement and choice procedures.
Application Deadline: 2021
- You are invited to complete AN application for billet. This form includes providing details concerning your education and knowledge. you’ll be ready to indicate the realm of labor among UN agency that you just hope to intern.
- You will be asked to write down concerning your motivation for applying for a UN agency billet.
- To apply, please follow the directions at their web site. See link below. you’ll realize further data on WHO’s billet Programme throughout the web site.