Amazon invitations applications for The Kindle Storyteller Award, a literary prize for authors who publish in any genre in English on Kindle Direct commercial enterprise (KDP), their self-publishing service between first might and thirty first August 2020.
Kindle Direct commercial enterprise (KDP) may be a quick, simple and free manner for authors and publishers to stay management and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle. freelance commercial enterprise offers all authors additional decisions than they’ve ever had decide a way to bring their writing to readers. the supply of freelance commercial enterprise choices has resulted during a additional strong and numerous set of voices telling their stories then creating those stories offered to readers than ever before.
Authors who use KDP retain their rights, will get to plug as quick as they want, earn royalties of up to 70%, keep management of however their work is printed, distribute globally and in multiple languages, and know all at no cost.
- Each challenger can receive a Kindle Oasis E-reader.
- The winning author can receive a money prize of £20,000 and a promoting campaign to support the book on Amazon.co.uk, similarly because the chance to possess their book translated for international sales.
- The winning author will have the chance to possess a mentoring session with a bestselling KDP author.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- It is receptive writers commercial enterprise in English in any genre, who publish their run through Kindle Direct commercial enterprise. Readers play a major role in choosing the winner, helped by a panel of judges together with varied book trade specialists.
- All titles should be entered into the KDP choose programme for the entry amount so as to be thought-about and must be printed in print and digital formats.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020.
When you publish on KDP, you may have to be compelled to suits the KDP content tips and these Contest entry requirements:
- Keyword: you would like to incorporate “StorytellerUK2019” (without quotation marks) within the Keyword section on KDP once you produce your book. you’ll be able to add vi additional keywords.
- KDP choose: Your eBook has to be listed in KDP Select whereas your book is within the contest. you’ll be able to use any of the KDP choose edges to market your book whereas it’s within the Contest.
- Formats: you would like to publish your title in each eBook and paperback versions to enter the competition. The paperback version of your book should be a minimum of twenty four pages long.
- First publishing: You book should haven’t been printed before and must be your original work
- Genres: Books will be submitted from any genre.
- Number of entries: there’s no limit to the amount of books to be submitted by associate author.
- Number of authors: Any book submitted to the competition ought to have a most of 2 authors.