The Research Training Program Scholarships in Australia
The Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are an Australian government initiative that supports postgraduate students who wish to pursue graduate studies through research (HDR). Training program Students acquire the skills necessary to succeed in universities and other areas of the job market.
Australian Government Research Fellowships are awarded in almost all academic fields and major to undertake postgraduate degree programs. RTP scholarships are available in the fields of Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, Health Sciences, Arts, Professional Studies, and Sciences.
About 41 prestigious Australian universities participate in the RTP program. These universities are all well positioned in the world with a good management system and top notch teaching methods. Applications for RTP scholarships should be submitted directly to participating universities.
Details of (RTP) Scholarships in Australia
Application Deadline: Varies
Eligibility: Domestic and International Students
Host Country: Australia
Name of Sponsor: Department of Education, Skills & Employment
Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
Degree Level: MSc and PhD
Value Description of (RTP) Scholarships in Australia
- A stipend of up to AUD 28,854 (tax free, 2022 value) for a maximum of two academic years for a research master’s degree and up to three academic years for a doctorate.
- Full tuition fees
- Health insurance funds (paid sick leave).
- (OSHC) Health cover for overseas students
- Travel allowance
- Research funds are also available.
RTP Scholarship Duration:
Master: up to 2 years
Ph.D. Program: up to 4 years.
Read Also: Cross Culture Program in Germany 2021
Various Uiversities Participating in the RTP Scholarship:
Australian Catholic University
Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Higher Education
Central Queensland University
Charles Darwin University
Charles Sturt University
Edith Cowan University
Federation University Australia
James Cook University
La Trobe University
Queensland University of Technology
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Southern Cross University
Swinburne University of Technology
The Australian National University
The University of Adelaide
University of Melbourne
University of Notre Dame Australia
University of QueenslandUniversity of Sydney
University of Western Australia
Torrens University of Australia
University of Canberra
United Nations e University of Divinity
University of New South Wales
University of Newcastle
University of South Australia
University of Southern Queensland
University of Tasmania
University of Technology Sydney
University of the Sunshine Coast
University of Wollongong
Western Sydney University
List of available fields of study:
- Engineering, computer science and mathematical sciences
- Health and medical sciences
Read More: Scholarships To Study In Australia
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for (RTP) Scholarships in Australia
Below are the basic eligibility criteria for Australia Scholarship for Masters and PhD.
Research Masters / Masters in Philosophy:
The following qualifications are generally required to apply for a Research Masters or Masters in Philosophy:
- To be considered for this program, applicants must have obtained at least l equivalent of an Australian specialized diploma. .
- You must have equivalent research experience and skills.
Doctoral Research Program:
- You must have sufficient research experience to be considered for a doctorate.
- Students must hold a first or upper second class honors degree or master’s degree with substantial research elements maintained to a high academic standard.
- RTP Applicants must meet the University’s English proficiency requirements.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the RTP Australia Scholarships for International Students varies from university to university.
Applicants for Australian Government Research Fellowships must select a university in which they wish to study.
- Select your study program.
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements
- Collect the required documents
- Complete and submit your application.