£1 million Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Nominations 2020
Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Foundation, whose registered address is at Prince Philip House, 3 Carlton House Terrace London SW1Y 5DG offers the Prize n 2020.
Diverse, varied, and frequently evolving, engineering creates the solutions to international challenges and improves billions of lives. Engineers have enabled United States to figure along across the earth, explore the littlest cells and also the most distant stars, and navigate our means through the globe.
Awarded each 2 years, the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (QEPrize) champions daring, groundbreaking engineering innovation that is of world profit to humanity.
The £1 million prize celebrates engineering’s visionaries, ennobling young minds to think about engineering as a career alternative and to assist to resolve the challenges of the long run.
The prize conjointly encourages engineers to assist extend the boundaries of what’s doable across all disciplines and applications.
The winners are going to be awarded:
- a total money prize of £1 million (1 million GBP); and
- appropriate record to be set by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). within the event that the Prize is received by over one individual (but no more than 5 people, as above) collaborating beneath one nomination, the award are going to be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the recommendation of the judgement Panel.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or no more than 5 living people operating as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is in person answerable for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering that has been of world profit to humanity. Self-nomination isn’t permissible.
- The Trustees reserve the correct to reject any nomination wherever, in their cheap opinion, there’s or is probably going to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and the other nomination or the Prize a lot of typically.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2020.
- Guidance for a way to create a nomination is as follows. If you wish facilitate or have questions about creating a nomination, please email.
- Full nominations ought to be created by finishing the nominations kind on the QEPrize web site. you’ll be asked to elucidate however the nominative innovation meets the judgement criteria, determine the engineer or engineers answerable for the innovation, and supply 2 referees who are sufficiently knowledgeable to support the nomination
- If you’ve got restricted info on associate degree innovation however believe it to be groundbreaking and to possess already displayed a major profit to humanity, please offer the maximum amount info as you’ll be able to. the knowledge are going to be wont to build more enquiries on the quality of the suggestion and, wherever applicable, to organize a full nomination.
- It is desirable that nominators use the on-line Nomination kind, but if you are doing not have web access, you’ll be able to request a Nomination kind from the QEPrize team at this address: QEPrize Nominations, Prince Philip House three Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5DG.
- Nominators and nominees are answerable for making certain that each one the specified info is provided for the entry, taking explicit account of the necessity for a minimum of 2 supporting letters from appropriate referees, who are distinguished folks not used within the same organisation because the candidate, not the nominee’s collaborators, who don’t seem to be a part of the nominee’s immediate family and whose reference is correct to the most effective of the referee’s data.
- (Note: A distinguished person may be a recognised skilled within the relevant field with a profile in the educational or company world, as incontestible by their publication record and/or international recognition. they have to be terribly acquainted with the technical detail and significance of the work of the politico and ready to speak authoritatively concerning the character and impact of the innovation.)
- Nominations are most well-liked on the web site, in English. If you are doing not have access to the web your nomination is written on the nominations kind in English and in an exceedingly font not smaller than 11pt. Copies of the nomination kind is requested by post from: QE Prize team, Prince Philip House, three Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5DG. Nominations should not exceed the character limits elaborated on the shape (2500 characters or approx. 400 words for every criterion).