$28,092 HDR Scholarship on Health at Deakin University in Australia 2020
Deakin University in Australia invitations applications for AN HDR Scholarship – direction and shared higher cognitive process in patient expertise once living with multimorbidities within the 2020/21 school term.
This project and scholarship are offered as a part of a cooperative joint PhD program with the school of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Danish capital, Denmark. The productive candidate are together supervised by a team of leading researchers from Deakin University and also the University of Danish capital and can graduate with a joint PhD from each establishments. it’s anticipated that the PhD candidate spends a minimum of six months throughout the program at the University of Danish capital.
Worldwide, multimorbidity is extremely prevailing and increasing and is additional common among folks from deprived teams, like those from non-English speaking or lower socioeconomic backgrounds. though individual diseases dominate health-care delivery folks with multimorbidity want a broader approach. Shared higher cognitive process involves health professionals operating at the side of patients and families to confirm the patient’s values, goals and issues are self-addressed. Active inclusion of patients and families in higher cognitive process allows each communication concerning advantages, risks and uncertainties of treatment. It conjointly enhances incorporation of patient preferences and priorities into clinical choices and goal of care. the method towards direction begins with participation of the individual, that results in possession with the last word goal of giving the individual management over their own health conditions.
The increasing medical care of each info and services and have supplementary to the challenges of multimorbidity both for community members and suppliers. The medical care of health services has profound impact on the communication between patients (end users) and health suppliers. Health technology has the potential to support people who have the resources and ability to require advantage of skyrocketing market of health services. It conjointly has the potential to have interaction and empower people who are deprived or underserved, if barriers like low health accomplishment will be overcome. Understanding the complexities of shared higher cognitive process in patients with multimorbidities will facilitate to spot the challenges and solutions within the underlying use of technology once facilitating patient participation in their health care, and of however opportunities for shared higher cognitive process will be enabled.
This scholarship is offered over three years.
- Stipend of $28,092 every year tax exempt (2020 rate)
- Relocation allowance of $A500-$A1500 (for single to family) for college students moving from interstate or overseas to start the program in Australia
- International students only: Tuition fees offset for the length of four years. Single Overseas Student Health cowl policy for the length of the scholar visa.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible you must:
- be either a domestic or international candidate
- meet the PhD entry needs of each Deakin University and also the University of Danish capital, as well as English proficiency needs
- be enrolling full time ANd hold an degree (first class) or identical normal master’s degree with a considerable analysis element
- be able to physically find to each University of Danish capital (Denmark) and Deakin University (Australia).
Application Deadline: June 29, 2020.
How to Apply
You can apply for this chance on-line