DAAD International PhD IPPAE programme at Justus-Liebig-University Giessen in Germany 2020
DAAD in Deutschland is giving DAAD Doctor of Philosophy Scholarships for the International PhD Program for Agricultural social science, Bioeconomy and Rural Development at Justus-Liebig-University Giessen in 2021.
The International Doctor of Philosophy Program for Agricultural social science, Bioeconomy and Rural Development (IPPAE) was initial commissioned in 1992 by the funder, the German tutorial Exchange workplace (DAAD). The program is that the results of a cooperation between the agricultural social science teams of the University of Hohenheim and therefore the University of Giessen.
The program is extremely competitive and knowledge base. Its strength is that every one Doctor of Philosophy candidates have previous analysis or work expertise in a locality getting ready to their PhD topics, that strengthens their analytical skills yet because the quantity of information which will be passed from peer to look. In Giessen, the IPPAE lays its thematic specialize in empirical, problem-solving analysis, at the crossroads between agricultural social science, agricultural social science, farm social science and property resource use. To date, over a hundred candidates received their Doctor of Philosophy through the IPPAE Giessen.
Funding for this program yet because the High German course is provided by DAAD.
- A monthly scholarship that presently amounts to €1,200 is procured the time of the scholarly person studies (38 months).
- Family allowances are provided if the candidate’s family joins him/her throughout the time of the scholarly person scholarship allocation.
- One come back flight annually for three years
- Yearly analysis grant of € 460 to get things appreciate laptops, winter garments, or cowl the prices to participate to courses or conferences
Additional analysis Funding
- A munition allowance is provided for two years. This allowance is of most €1,500 and isn’t long in any respect.
- The publication of the Doctor of Philosophy Thesis is supported with up to €1,200.
German Language Course Funding
- Allowance of € 410 per month
- Accommodation is provided
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To qualify for this program, you wish to:
- be a national of a rustic on the DAC-List of ODA Recipients by OECD;
- have a Master’s or equivalent degree in agricultural social science or connected science with a minimum grade of A or B. The award of your last honor should not lie over half dozen years before the applying date.
- have a minimum of 2 years of labor expertise during a relevant domain, before or once finishing your M.Sc., however altogether cases, before applying to the present program;
- have a allow from your using organization to travel on sabbatical leave; and
- be fluent in written and spoken English.
- If you have got with success done your education (MSc program) in English, a press release certifying the language of instruction of the program and a duplicate of your master’s degree thesis (.pdf) could answer to prove your language proficiency.
- Two letters of recommendations, as well as a letter of advice from your leader. If it applies, the letter ought to indicate your employer’s consent for a study leave. (These letters should embrace letter paper, date, signature and seal.)
- Confirmation of employment for a amount of a minimum of two years (This letter should embrace letter paper, date, signature and seal. If there have been many employers during this amount, a confirmation from every leader is important.)
- A well-structured and finalized idea note of 5-8 pages (font size no more than twelve, line spacing no more than one.15) outlining the matter you aim to tackle along with your analysis, your specific projected analysis focus, the scientific and method perspective with that you’ll conduct the analysis, the ways you aim to use, the information you intend to gather. this idea are wont to determine applicable Doctor of Philosophy supervisors and its scientific quality plays a really necessary role within the choice method. (structure of the proposal: introduction, drawback statement, objectives, state of the art, study area, ways of information assortment and analysis, expected results, references).
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020.
- The application documents ought to be uploaded within the form in 2 files only:
- The first PDF-file ought to embrace application documents from one to eight, within the same order. (Please ensure to merge them into one line, victimisation maybe the “combine” perform in jock or a free on-line tool.)
- Earlier applications are inspired to facilitate the screening of the applications. Kindly note that we are going to think about neither late nor incomplete applications.
- If it’s out of the question for you in any respect to send the applying on-line you’ll send the documents by post.