Full Global Korea Scholarships for International Students
Often times I hear a lot of international students ask if there are scholarship opportunities in Korea. Yes, there are a lot. Currently, application to the Global Korea Scholarship is ongoing for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Korea is recognized as one of the best study locations abroad for international students: after the UK, United States and Canada. In 2017, over 120,000 international students applied to study in Korea, with the number set to increase to 200,000 international students by 2023.
One of the major decisions you will ever make as an international student who intends to study in Korea is to choose a university of study, and most importantly how to fund your studies.
In this article, I will show you how to fund your education without losing sleep. I present to you the Global Korea Scholarship.
Table of Content
- About Global Korea Scholarship
- Value Description/Benefits of Global Korea Scholarship
- Application Deadline
- Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship
- Application Details/How to Apply
About Global Korea Scholarship
The Global Korea Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship offered by the Korean Government to international students who wish to pursue Undergraduate or Associate degrees in Korea. The main goal of this scheme is to create international relation among Korea and ally countries. The duration of this scholarship is 5 years for Bachelor degree and 3 – 4 years for Associate degree.
Do I stand a chance to get this scholarship? Yes, you do. As I always tell students, ‘impossible is nothing’. As a matter of fact, the selection criteria gives every candidate equal chance at the available scholarships. As you read further, you will see the eligibility and selection criteria.
The benefits of this scholarship are numerous:
- A settlement allowance of 200,000KWR, which is offered once you have gained entry to Korea.
- A monthly allowance worth 900,000KWR.
- A one year, fully covered Korean language training fee.
- Tuition fee exemption for chosen course of study.
- A monthly medical insurance worth 60,000KWR.
- Korean Proficiency Grants valued at 100,000 monthly.
- A one-time degree completion grant worth 100,000KWR.
- Lastly, an airfare ticket.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship
To be considered for this award, you must meet the basic eligibility requirements of the scholarship:
- Must not be above 25 years as at 1st March 2021.
- Applicant must not hold Korean citizenship. Furthermore, applicant must be a national of ally countries invited to participate in this program. If by any chance you have dual nationality, of which one is Korean, you are not eligible to apply.
- Again, you must hold a high school diploma or be a high school graduate by 1st March 2021.
- Applicant must maintain their CGPA.
- Lastly, you must be mentally and physically sound to study for the full duration of course in Korea.
Application Deadline: For this scholarship, the deadline will be decided by each Korean embassy and university. However, the period of submission is from September, 2020 to October 2020. You are advised to apply as soon as possible. Also, before applying, check the deadline of the university you wish to submit applications.
- Concerning the application process, there are two choices available. The first choice is through the Embassy track, and the second is the University track. The 67 Embassies of Republic of Korea make up the Embassy track whereas the 30 Korean Universities chosen by NIIED make up the University track.
- Candidates applying through the embassy track should apply to a Korean embassy based on their citizenship. Afterwards, you must keep track of application acceptance by always contacting the Korean embassy in your home country. Embassy track candidates have the luxury of applying to three (3) different universities.
- On the other hand, candidates applying through university track should apply online to a Korean University eligible for this scholarship. Unlike the embassy track candidates, university track candidates can only apply to one university.
For more information the Global Korea Scholarship, see the link below