The Tana Forum is associate annual meeting that brings along African leaders and stakeholders to have interaction and explore African-led security solutions. The Forum strives to supply a platform for young Africans to have interaction with African heads of state and governments, practitioners and specialists in peace and security in continent.
The Tana Forum Annual Essay Competition is aimed toward getting views from the youth on numerous peace and security challenges visaged across the continent. The competition is hospitable continentn nationals registered in teaching establishments based mostly in Africa and within the diaspora.
The authors of the 3 winning essays are going to be invited (all prices covered) to attend and address participants at the Tana Forum in African nation.
Prior to the event, the authors can receive mentorship from a pool of specialists based mostly at the Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS).
Eligibility & selection criteria:
Applicants should be continentn voters registered at recognized universities in Africa or within the diaspora following either a BA, MA or PhD during a relevant field.
Application Deadline: 31 January, 2020.
Submission pointers are as follows:
- Essays should be typewritten, spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman with a one-inch margin on all sides.
- Essays should be between 5-10 pages long excluding reference materials.
- The essay should be the initial work of the someone supported by a comprehensive list of sources. Essays on topics aside from the present theme of the Tana
- Forum won’t be accepted.
- Essays should be written in English or French.
- A reference list in APA vogue should be enclosed with a minimum of 3 primary sources, i.e. books, periodicals or newspapers. alternative sources could also be accessed on-line, provided they’re cited properly. Any submissions lacking 3 primary sources are going to be disqualified.
- Any essay victimization crowd-sourced and in public editable sources like Wikipedia are going to be disqualified.
- Essays should be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Essays submitted in the other format won’t be thought of.
- Email your essay with the topic line: [Full name] 2020 Essay Competition.
- Attach a brief bio (250 words) that features your name, university, degree title (BA, MA or PhD.), skilled background, country of origin and get in touch with info (email address, phonephone number).
- Attach a replica of your passport.
- All submissions ought to be addressed to [email protected]