NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2020/2021
Every year, NNPC/Total offers National Merit Scholarships to deserving students in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Currently, there is a call to apply to this scholarship for the 2020/21 academic session. This scheme is designed to promote academic excellence in the country. It is inline with Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) Corporate Social Responsibility.
What Should I Expect in this Article? In this article, I will give you a rundown of the NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship, including the scholarship requirements, application deadline, and most importantly, a step-by-step guide to apply for the NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship.
Table of Content
- About NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship
- Value Description
- Application Deadline
- Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Application Details/How to Apply
About NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship
The NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship is an award offered yearly to well deserving students enrolled in any field of study in a Nigerian tertiary institution. This award is only for undergraduate students, and is a onetime financial support. Several scholarships are available for a good number of students.
Each year, a total of 150,000 Naira is offered to each successful applicant.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
You must meet the basic eligibility requirements in other to be considered for this scholarship. They include:
- Be a FULL TIME undergraduate student in any recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
- Be in your 100 or 200 level at the time of applying for this scholarship.
- For direct entry students, you must show proof of A-level or similar certificate.
- Show proof of UTME score.
- Show proof of Letter of Admission from your university, as well as matruculation number.
- Show proof of SSCE or similar certificate.
- Students with UTME score below 200 do not need to apply.
- Students with CGPA below 2.50, on a 5.0 scale, cannot apply.
- If you are already in 300 level or above, there is no need to apply.
- If you are a beneficuary of other International Oil Companies (IOCs) awards, do not apply.
Application Deadline: The call for application will end on 31 October 2020.
Below are easy steps you can follow to apply to the NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship 2020/2021:
STEP 1: Personal Information: Enter your name, permanent home address and date of birth. Also, you are to upload your recent passport photograph.
STEP 2: Contact Information: Make available your active email and mobile phone numbers.
STEP 3: Origin: There is need for you to upload proof of origin from either your local or state government.
STEP 4: University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. Furthermore, you are exoected to upload your JAMB/University Letter of Admission.
STEP 5: Result Information: Here, you will input your JAMB score or current CGPA. This will be uploaded during your application.
STEP 6: Review Your Application: Take your time to review your application. Make sure all necessary fields have been correctly inputed. Also, ensure that all required documents have been uploaded. They include:
- Recent passport photograph
- Proof of origin
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)
- UTME result
- Letter of Admission from JAMB/University
- First year result showing your CGPA
STEP 7: Lastly, you are to attest to all the information as true. Accept the terms and conditions. You will also get a notification in your emai, that you have successfully completed the application.