Africa International Postgraduate Scholarships at King’s College London UK 2020
King’s faculty London invitations applications from Africans for 3 full scholarships to undertake a regular pH.D. within the kingdom for the 2020/2021 year.
The topic of the pH.D. should clearly be relevant to the continent of Africa. knowledge base comes are particularly inspired and every one projects ought to fall at the intersection of 2 or additional of the subsequent themes or disciplines:
Conflict, Peace and Security: King’s is world-renowned for the study of violent conflict, peace and security. the varsity of Security Studies and also the college of worldwide Affairs give a spread of programmes of connectedness to Africa, with the African Leadership Centre providing a selected specialise in leadership studies at the security-development nexus.
Global Health: Students during this discipline are exposed to a singular international and knowledge base context covering broad areas like tending partnerships, international surgery, palliative care, maternal health, international health governance and policy, mental state, ageing, cancer, oral health and membrane biology, polygenic disease and alternative conditions, conflict and health, migration and health, setting and health.
Development: The study of development at King’s cuts across a spread of disciplines with explicit concentration within the college of worldwide Affairs as well as, development studies with regard to rising economies within the Department of International Development; setting and development with a possible to look at disasters and adaptation in the Department of Geography; leadership and development at the African Leadership Centre.
Digital Technology: Students during this discipline undertake analysis into new and rising web technologies within the school of Natural and Mathematical Sciences; and also the other ways during which digital technologies and strategies are reworking society in King’s pioneering Department of Digital Humanities.
The Scholarship covers:
- An annual regular payment (living allowance) at the UKRI rate (for the year 2019-21, this was set at £17,009)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research Support Grant (up to £5k/year, betting on the faculty)
Eligibility & selection criteria:
Open to residents of the subsequent countries
Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Tanzania, Sudan, African nation, Somalia, African country, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome and island, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, African country, Guinea, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, African nation, Egypt, Djibouti, shelter d’Ivoire, Congo, Republic of, Congo, Democratic People’s Republic, Comoros, Chad, Central African Republic, Cap Verde, Cameroon, Burundi, state, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria
- Be African nationals and for good resident within the relevant country
- Be responsible for tuition fees at the upper international/overseas rate
- Plan to begin a regular MPhil/PhD programme at King’s faculty London within the 2020-21 year (from Gregorian calendar month 2020 and by no later than
- Plan to conduct analysis that’s relevant to Africa, at the intersection of 2 or additional of the given themes or disciplines, as represented below.
- Hold AN admissions supply for an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s by one Gregorian calendar month 2020Apply for the scholarship by no later than 1 April 2020
- Existing scholar degree students aren’t eligible to use
- The scholarship can’t be hung on a part-time basis
- Professional doctor’s degree degrees aren’t eligible
- Distance learning programmes aren’t eligible
- The scholarship cannot begin before october 2020
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020.
First, apply for admissions via the net admissions system and acquire a suggestion of an area by no later than one Gregorian calendar month 2020
Submit a separate on-line funding application to the Centre for scholar Studies
Only those that meet the eligibility criteria and who have applied in time for the scholarship are going to be thought-about.