Centre for Human Rights in Pretoria, University of Pretoria South Africa invitations applications for the Master’s Degree in Human Rights and democratization in Africa within the 2020/21 session.
The HRDA could be a annual intensive course where 25-30 exceptional people pay six months in Pretoria and 6 months at one in all the twelve partner universities everywhere Africa. they’re educated by eminent lecturers within the field of human rights and endure several sensible coaching exercises.
It is the sole course of its kind in Africa. Graduates become members of the HRDA Alumni Association whose 537 members are presently active within the full spectrum of human rights work: from grassroots, through officialdom, to international organisations as well as the African Union and also the UN.
Approximate cost: US $15,000
There are up to twenty five FULL Scholarships accessible for African voters.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
The LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and democratization in Africa could be a distinctive programme to that twenty five to thirty people from African countries with the subsequent degrees and ideally expertise within the field of human rights are admitted:
- A degree permitting access to the legal community (eg Bachelor of Laws or licence nut droit)
- Other students (non-law students)
- An academic degree in a very discipline relevant to human rights and democratization
In addition to the final admission necessities, the subsequent specific choice criteria are employed in combination to pick out the eligible students:
- a incontestable skilled, tutorial and private interest in and commitment to human rights and democratization in Africa.
- an indication that the somebody would be seemingly to place the qualification to smart use in his or her future career, ideally in his or her country of origin (the ‘multiplier effect’);
- geographic representation(in the sense that associate degree overrepresentation of scholars from a specific land are avoided, given the pan-African scope and ambitions of the programme);
- gender illustration (in the sense that associate degree just balance between ladies and men is sought);
- equitable illustration of persons from vulnerable communities (such as persons with disabilities, persons happiness to autochthonic communities and LGBTI persons).
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020.
- Applications for the programme to review at the University of Pretoria are absolutely on-line.
- All applications are handled via the web system Submittable.
- Applicants should be in possession of the primary degree in Law (LLB, licence nut droit or licenciatura em direito) or associate degree academic degree relevant to human rights and democratization.
- All documents uploaded should be typed.
The following documents are requested throughout your application:
- Previous tutorial records/transcripts
- Previous degree certificate(s)
- Copy of bio-data page of passport
- A good quality photograph of yourself
- For candidates UN agency didn’t get their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1 or IELTS check certificate.