With a heart full of gratitude, The Law Office Matthew L Sharp is pleased to announce its annual scholarship funding opportunity open to military veterans of the US Armed forces as well as their immediate family members for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This scholarship is designed to support military veterans and their immediate family members for their faithful service to the country. This scholarship will assist the recipient in transitioning back to a civilian life and career.
Matthew L. Sharp is a Reno trial lawyer with over 15 years experience who focuses on representing individuals and businesses injured in a personal injury accident and also represents clients in insurance bad faith disputes against their insurance company.
Matthew Sharp is a leader who has served within the legal and political communities. Over the years, he has served in various Associations and Boards for Justice. He has worked with judges and legislators to ensure that our justice system works for everyone.
A scholarship with a $1,000 value will be offered to recipient and is to be used at the vocational, university or graduate school.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must satisfy some eligibility requirements.
- Be a national of USA.
- Be a military veteran of the US Armed Forces or an immediate family member.
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at an accredited university.
N.B: Trade or vocational programs will also qualify.
An essay of not more than 1,500 words must be posted on the student’s blog on the university website or student’s personal blog. The blog post should be made public and the students should be recognized as the author of the essay.
Driverless vehicles are becoming more of a reality. Who should take responsibility for damages involving driverless cars?
Application Deadline 15 July, 2020
- A completed application must be submitted before the deadline day. Applications received after the above stated day will not be considered.
- Applications submitted via any other channel other than the one listed above will not be considered.
- The winner will be informed by 15 August, 2020 via Email or phone.
- Recipient must provide proof of full time enrollment.
- Recipient of this award must give permission for his or her current picture and other basic information to be published on Law Offices of Matthew L. Sharp website.