Fully Funded Global Korea Scholarships 2021
Most applicants to universities in Korea are sometimes afraid of the high cost of living with tuition fees of each of the institutions, and majority are not aware of scholarship opportunities available to students who wish to study in Korea. sometimes they’re discouraged from applying, which is why we have decided to write on some of the scholarship opportunities available to the students who wish to study in universities located in Korea. The Global Korea Scholarship is offering a scholarship to interested international and Korean students interested in pursuing a Master’s, Doctorate degree in any Korean university.
Korea is an upcoming country in terms of students choice of a study location, due to her low tuition fee even thou the cost of living is high, international students population in Korea is around 173,000, According to the countries education ministry statistics they is an expected increase in international students to 200,000 application by 2023. And more than half of the students are from China and other Asian countries.
One of the best decision you will ever make in your life is studying in Korea, as her universities are among the best in the world with many having their research cited in many publications’. Korean Scholarship offers about 1300 different scholarship grants to deserving international students. The scholarships are highly recognized in the international community; it also gives you an edge in terms of job after graduation.
About the global Korean scholarship
The global Korean scholarship can only be gotten in Korea alone and is open to international students, who wish to study in Korea for graduate and doctorate courses. The scholarships are of two types embassy track and university track. Deadline for all scholarships varies. This scholarship is fully funded by the Korean government.
Programs covered in this scholarship are listed below.
Programs in any if the fields are in the scholarship.
- Information Technology IT
- Social Science
Value description of the scholarship
This scholarship covers the listed areas:
- Airfare Tickets to and fro korea
- Tuition Fees fully covered
- Resettlement Allowance which amounts KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance which amounts KRW 900,000
- Medical Insurance which amounts KRW 20,000
- Payment for Language Courses
- Support for Research amounting KRW 210,000 – 240,000
- Printing Costs for Dissertation amounting KRW 500,000 – 800,000
Eligibility and selection criteria
- Applicants must be foreign students not Korean citizens
- Must be under 40 years while applying
- Must have the necessary for the program he wishes to study
- For research program candidates, the applicants must have at least a master’s degree and must present an invitation from one of the NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral research candidates must have a doctoral degree or equivalent.
- English proficiency test can be submitted instead of TOEFL or IELTS
Application deadline: The deadline depends on your institutions of choice, nearest embassy. Do contact them to know.
Application details for global Korean scholarship
The application is entirely online but you can access the institutions of choice website to know their information or click for general applications