Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship in Germany 2021
By applying to study in Germany, you can be a beneficiary of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung scholarships. Currently, applications are open for both German and international students to apply for Friedrich Ebert Foundation scholarship.
Before applying, you need to know if you are eligible or not. In this article, I have provided details about Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship. Be sure to read patiently, and carefully follow the laid down instructions.
Table of Content
- About Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship
- Value Description/Benefits of FES scholarship
- Application Deadline
- Eligibility requirements for FES Scholarship
- Application Details/How to apply to FES scholarship
About Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship
This scholarship scheme is designed for talented students from developing countries to study their degrees abroad. Students, regardless of your subject area, can apply for this scholarship. Note, this scholarship can only be taken in Germany and does not support second-degree courses, final phases of academic studies etc. Up to 40 awards are offered to students each year.
Value Description of Friedrich Elbert Stiftung Scholarship
The benefits each recipient will receive are numerous. Each scholar will receive about €744 monthly. Furthermore, scholars will receive a monthly study fee worth €300 which can be freely used. Other benefits that scholars will receive include: family allowance worth about €155 per month, which scholars with children can receive. In addition, health and care insurance will be funded.
Eligibility requirements for FES Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Have socio-political engagement and identify with values of social democracy
- Have above average performance in your studies
- Possess leadership personalities, including political thinking, thirst for knowledge, tolerance and openness, team orientation, self-reflection and critical ability.
For basic funding, you must:
- Have received Letter of Admission to a state-recognized German university or technical college for the course for which you want to be funded
- Show proof of German language skills
- Apply at the commencement of the first semester if you are a first year student
For PhD funding:
- You must have received an unconditional offer of admission to the doctoral scholarship
- If you are an international student, you must show proof of German language skills
Application Deadline: The call for application to Friedrich Elbert Stiftung Scholarship does not have a fixed deadline. Course starts winter 2020 and summer 2021.
Application Details for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
Application to FES scholarship is online. First, you have to fill out the online application form which contains questions concerning your professional and family background. If you are eligible, you will be required to provide further documents by email. Note, you have just three weeks to upload the documents. If you are successful, and shortlisted to receive this award, you will be invited for two discussions.
For detailed information about FES scholarship and how you can apply, visit the scholarship page on FES official website.